Trusted Market and Commodities-Trade Intelligence
Shenzhen Noposion Agrochemicals Co., Ltd. (Noposion), the leading pesticide formulation company in China, released its 2014 semi-annual financial report. In H1 2014, its revenue and net profit recorded USD248.4 million and USD33.3 million, up by 25.4% and 41.9% year on year respectively.
Shandong Luba Chemical Co., Ltd. (Shandong Luba) held a product launch for its 50% paraquat SG in Jinan City of Shandong Province. About 500 attendees from 28 provinces, cities and autonomous regions presented at the conference.
On 16 October, 2014, the Ministry of Agriculture of China (MOA) held an exchange meeting for summarizing and further promoting the professional uniform control and green control of crop insect pests and diseases nationwide, on which the effect and experience of pilot test in different regions were presented.
According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), in 2014, the planting area of early rice in China reached 5.8 million ha, down by 9,400 ha (0.2%) over 2013; the unit output of early rice amounted to 5,868.9 kg/ha, down by 12 kg/ha (0.2%) over 2013; the total output of early rice recorded 34.0 million tonnes, down by 125,000 tonnes (0.4%) over 2013.
According to the publicity information released by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of P.R.C (MIIT) on 12 Sept., 2014, 168 pesticide products from 87 pesticide enterprises in 19 areas in China newly gained certificates of approval for production.
According to the National Bureau of Statistics of the People’s Republic of China (NBS), in Sept. 2014 the total output of chemical pesticides in China was 303,199 tonnes, up 10.92% YoY.
On 12 Sept., 2014, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China (MIIT) released the second list about pesticide enterprises to be approved in 2014. If no objections, the MIIT will release the final results soon afterwards.
In the first nine months of 2014, the revenue of Zhejiang Wynca Chemical Group Co., Ltd. (Zhejiang Wynca) increased by 13.8% year on year to USD958.7 million; on the contrary, its net profit witnessed a 73.9% year-on-year decline to USD15.3 million.
In late Oct., 2014, the 14th National Pesticide Exchange Conference was held by the China Crop Protection Industry Association (CCPIA) in Shanghai. Mr. Wenjun Zhang, direct general of the International Office of Institute for the Control of Agrochemicals, Ministry of Agriculture (ICAMA), said that both export and import of pesticides in China continued to grow this year;
According to the report made by Jiangsu Pesticide Research Institute Company Ltd. towards the 2014 International Crop Protection Forum, Du Hui, general manager of Dow AgroSciences (China) LLC (Dow AgroSciences China) made prediction and analysis on China’s pesticide market.