Trusted Market and Commodities-Trade Intelligence
On 19 March, 2018, the National Agro-Tech Extension and Service Center (NATESC) published the prediction report on wheat diseases and pests, according to which along with the rising temperature, wheat diseases and pests strike the crop from south to north China gradually. The strike by sheath blight and wheat mites is serious in some parts of Huanghuai, and stripe rust enters the spreading phase in Southwest China and the Han River Realm. By 15 March, the stricken area by wheat diseases and pests in China had reached 5.6 million ha, down by 25.9% year on year.
1. Wheat stripe rust: occurrence area 88,066.7 ha, decreasing by 75.6% year on year. It had stricken 204 counties in 47 cities in Sichuan, Yunnan, Guizhou, Chongqing, Henan, Hubei, Shaanxi and Gansu. Currently, the occurrence is scattered and little.
2. Wheat sheath blight: occurrence area 2.9 million ha, down by 26.9% year on year. Serious occurrence in Shandong and Anhui.
3. Wheat powdery mildew: occurrence area 141,333.3 ha, down by 40.3% year on year. Main occurrence in Southwest China and the Huanghuaihai Region.
4. Aphids: occurrence area 874,666.7 ha, down by 15.6% year on year.
5. Wheat mites: occurrence area 1.6 million ha, down by 19.1% year on year. Main occurrence in the Huanghuaihai Region.
6. Leaf rust: scattered occurrence in the wheat production areas in the Huanghuaihai Region, with the area 2,533.3 ha.
With the fast growth of wheat, many diseases and pests will enter the peak harming phase. Wheat stripe rust will enter the peak phase and its threat in the spread of main wheat production regions in eastern China will be enlarged. The harm by wheat mites, aphids, sheath blight and powdery mildew will be escalated.